Evaluation and Selection process
The evaluation and selection process will take place from April until October 2017 and comprises the following steps.
- Applicants submit their application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants receive a confirmation of receival, soon after submitting their proposal.
- Applicants will be informed about their eligibility, ultimately in April 2017.
- Soon after the call deadline, a Panel of experts evaluates and shortlists the applications to four time the number of positions available. Each application is evaluated by two panel members. The average score of the evaluators counts. Ultimately by the end of May applicants will be informed whether their proposal is on the shortlist or not.
- All proposals on the shortlist will be reviewed by external peers in the months June, July, August.
- In September, the Panel will draft a ranked invitation list based on the average score of the peer reviews. If necessary, candidates ranked around the cut-off point are invited for a skype interview with two panel members and one external peer.
- The LEaDing Fellows Steering Committee will decide on the final invitation list in the second half of September. Applicants and hosting groups will be informed about this by the 1st of October 2017.
In all steps of the selection process, the same selection criteria apply.