Call for proposals LEaDing fellows post-doc programme
|First call open (1/3)||1st of February 2017|
|First call deadline||31th of March 2017|
|Number of available positions first call||20|
The ‘LEaDing Fellows Postdoc Programme’ is a Horizon2020 Marie Sklowdowska Curie COFUND programme and will provide 90 researchers from all over the world who recently obtained a PhD, with the opportunity to gain two years of work experience in the challenging, internationally acclaimed and multidisciplinary environment offered by Leiden University, Leiden University Medical Center, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus Medical Center and Delft University of Technology.
The aim is to provide opportunities for international, intersectoral and interdisciplinary research training, as well as transnational and cross-sectoral mobility, by offering open recruitment and attractive working conditions. Applicants can propose a project of their own choice, including a research proposal, an individual training plan, a motivation letter, a CV and a commitment letter of his/her proposed supervisor in one of the universities or university medical centers of the program. For more details see the Guide for Applicants on the LEaDing Fellows website.
Applicants have an opportunity to apply for a fellowship in research fields covered the five institutions:
For an overview of all research fields consult the LEaDing Fellows website.
Fellows recruited will:
- have the opportunity to gain two years of work experience in the challenging, internationally acclaimed and multidisciplinary environment offered by the institutions;
- Fellows will be offered a full-time, fixed term employment contract for a period of 24 months at one of the institutions;
- Fellows can benefit from structured career development by:
- undertaking training (in both research and transferable skills);
- having the opportunity to undertake visits or internships at one of the four other LEaDing fellows partners or linked industry or non-academic partners;
- Fellows will benefit from Dutch employment conditions and remuneration according to the collective labour agreement (CAO) of the Dutch universities (CAO Nederlandse universiteiten) or the University Medical Centers (CAO Universitair Medische Centra). The annual gross salary will vary between 42.000-55.000 per year, depending on work experience.
Who can apply?
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible, unless national, international or European legislation or embargos prohibit specific (combinations of (sub) disciplines and) countries of origin.
- Applicants shall not have spent more than 12 months in the Netherlands in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date (1 October 2017).
- Applicants should have obtained their PhD before the recruitment date (1 October 2017) and less than 60 months prior. This application window can be extended for pregnancy (6 months per child), maternity or paternity leave (max 6 months per child), training for medical specialists (3 years) or compulsory and reserve military service (actual time). Evidencing documentation must be added to the application.
Application, evaluation and selection
All information about the requirements for application and the evaluation criteria can be found in the Guide for Applicants at the LEaDing Fellows website.
Timetable first call
|First call open||1st of February 2017|
|Deadline first call||31th of March 2017|
|Recruitment date (reference date eligibility)||1st of October 2017|
|Eligibility check||April 2017|
|Evaluation process||April- October 2017|
|Appointment fellows||between 1 November 2017 and 30 April 2020|
|Call||Open||Deadline||Number of positions||Appointment|
|2||1 November 2017||31 December 2017||40||24 months, between 1 August 2018 and 31 January 2021|
|3||1 August 2018||30 September 2018||30||24 months, between 1 May 2019 and 31 October 2021|